Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought ASX, 1.8 did, 4x4, 2011.
The car going graet, but dpf regeneration start every 100km. Is that something what can be programing, or problem is somewhere else. The mechanic says the dpf is ok, but i dont understand why is going every 100 km. TnX

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
There will be another cause. Possibly an split intercooler hose, a faulty exhaust temperature sensor. Possibly wrong grade oil being used, or even not being driven long or hard enough.

The DPF is likely ok. it is just a filter. They just get blocked up, and can be cleaned out. But if it was blocked this is just the effect of something else not working correctly.

Is your engine oil level ok? or does it keep rising?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine oil level is ok. I didnt notice it keep rising. I drive on short distance, i have 2km to my work, and 2km back. 1.5 km to center of city. Most of my ride is like that. But every 100 km, dpf regenerating.
I thought maybe a time interval could be programmed by software.

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
no changes are programmable. If that is your average usage then a diesel with DPF is the wrong type of car for you. Those short cold journeys will be bad for any car, and a DPF equipped car much more so

·
Registered
1 Posts
280.000 km, 4x4 1.8 D ASX the turbine failed, still run but no power, and then after around 100 km driven in town, short distances, DPF clogged as it cannot regenerate. Waiting for a new turbine and then will see if replace or just clean the DPF... Meanwhile went 100% electric in the city and short distances around.

·
Registered
2010 asx3
3 Posts
There will be another cause. Possibly an split intercooler hose, a faulty exhaust temperature sensor. Possibly wrong grade oil being used, or even not being driven long or hard enough.

The DPF is likely ok. it is just a filter. They just get blocked up, and can be cleaned out. But if it was blocked this is just the effect of something else not working correctly.

Is your engine oil level ok? or does it keep rising?
Sorry to jump on your answer but if the oil level did keep rising what would that mean as I’m having that issue and also DPF issues as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts