Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The plastic on the inside of the driver door seems to squeak when my leg rests against it--very annoying. I've also noticed the dash console will make squeaking noises sometimes if the road is not completely smooth. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up an 04 LS. Those are on my list. I'm not sure if I can do much about the driver's side door, but I'll open it up and see if I can maybe throw a dab of gorilla glue in the parts that want to rub together.

As far as the dash, someone else posted that they took it to the dealer and they tightened a screw somewhere inside the dash. I plan on finding that **** screw soon and I'll let you know what I did to fix it.

If you still have a warranty take it in for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same issue with the driver's door... very annoying... anyone know how to pop off that piece so I can maybe put something underneath??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hiya Miami,
I have the same issue as all of you. Drives me crazy until I crank up the tunes. Then I don't hear it as much. By the way...Greeting from Boca.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a negative here, having said that I have never driven with my leg resting against the panel! I will try it and let you know the results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Evening,

I found a remedy for this. I am a gun collector and I buy a lubricating product called Tuf-Glide manufactured by a company called Sentry Solutions (www.sentrysolutions.com). It is a VERY good lubricant and is non-caustic (i.e. won't erode plastics). I gently squirted several drops right into the crevice from which the noise seemed to eminate. It took a couple of applications to hit the right spot(s) but the noise is gone (note: I made this application almost a year ago and noise has not returned).

-Dreadnought

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know an easy fix....

Pop off the black rubbery switchplate from the gray plastic piece (the spot where your knee rests). It is easy to remove, just held in by two plastic snaps, they won't break. Once removed, you can scratch off the gray paint (it is overspray) from the top. It squeaks because the black plastic rubs against the paint. Once you scratch it off, it solves the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts