Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '92 Expo LRV is my mothers vehicle and it dies while coming to a stoplight. But will immediately start back up when restarting. The past 2 summers it has done this, it never did it in the winter time not once. So please any suggestions will be appreciated.

The car has about 140k miles on it. Check engine light isn't on, it runs fine when it is running. Has anyone else had this issue? HELP

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Sounds like an idle speed control valve. Does it onlee do it while driving the vehicle after its fully warmed up? Seems like when slowing down the idle speed control valve isnt opening , or staying stuck closed when yur coming to a stop and its not opening to keep an idle speed. When teh throttle is open they are in teh closed position as there is no need for them to be open . But as teh vehicle is slowing and teh throttle is closed they are spossed to open accordinglly to keep a proper idle while in gear.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Sounds logical. Just wanted to say I think its great when people get such a good reply to their thread which answers their question.

Well done.

Jim

·
Registered
257 Posts
i had a sunfire that did that all tha time goin dead in intersections ....well i sold the car to my brother and got my lancer 08 :) ...but come to find out the Fuel filter was stopped up...and he got it fixed for like $100 u should check it out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts