Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Folks,
I recently installed an aftermarket stereo in the space below the A/C controls and I have an E-COM error on my factory stereo and my SRS light is lit up. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The same thing happened to my SRS light when I was installing my XM radio. Just take it to the dealer and they will reset it, mine is a 2006 so it was still under warranty, so they didnt charge for it.

But I would hurry up and take care of it, because I believe if your srs light is on, your air bag will NOT deploy in an accident.

To prevent it in the future, just disconnect the negitive terminal on the battery before you start any work.

take care

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what about getting the factory Stereo to light up, even though I'm not using it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My best guess would be to take a look here (taken from RXtreme8's post):

http://carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Mitsubishi3.htm

when you installed the new stereo, you probably disconnected the harness to connect to the new stereo. The "Illumination" pins are the ones you probably need to reconnect somehow.

I know in my acura, I ran a wire from the fusebox(on a fuse that only gets power when you turn on the lights) and that worked for me. but have not done it yet in the Mits. But it may not be worth it because you may damage your stock radio if something goes wrong..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot for the feedback. Did you have to run a pos and neg from that fuse, or just the pos?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts