Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
The idea behind chips I saw on ebay is to by-pass the air tempreture to make the engine feel like it's getting colder air therefore the ECU puts out richer mixture. But to tel you the truth I purchased one for less than 20$ (Under 20$ you can't dispute through PayPal) and all it was after I took it apart and broke the epoxie was a 33kohm resistor which you can buy for 9 cents. Left a negative feedback and called him a theif. One week later he had changed his nickname PowerPlus or something selling the same garbage. It was worth the 20 bucks just to warn the others. By the way this would be of no help in colder climates.

· Registered
916 Posts
The best bang for the buck that I've experienced was replacing the airfilter by a K&N filter. K&N claims a 5 to 10% fuel economy gain. I measured an 8% increase. But you have to clean it often or mileage will decrease quite drastically.

· Registered
916 Posts
It is craddled on a bracket beside the heater box at the cabin air filter level. If you remove your glove compartement door ( remove left stopper by pulling it forward or I prefer to push it from behind by squeezing my hand above and around the door) you will see it at the right.(See picture) But it comes out from the bottom after you remove kick panel and connectors. The silvery steel bracket with the circular hole is what holds it in place. Just pry that bracket and down comes the ECU. Hope this helps!!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.