Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP!!!! I AM HERE WITH MY ECLIPSE 2003 ,, A GUY TOOK OUT MY SHIFTER CABLES CAUSE THEY WERE BROKEN FIXED THEM BUT WE DONT TALK ANYMORE SO HE DIDNT PUT THEM BACK IN ,, SO IM STUCK HERE WITH A CAR FULL OF BOLTS AND PARTS ,, I GOT TOOLS BUT IDK HOW TO PUT BACK THE SHIFTER CABLE ... AND DASHBOARD. i cn MAYBE PUT BACK DA DASH BUT WHT DO I DO FIRST HERE PPL??? SIGH
:crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
PLEASE DON'T SHOUT. You had me with the title.

I reckon that if someone were to give you detailed instructions, it would look like a manual, so I do recommend looking through this web site for plenty of links to manuals, not all of which are in Russian.

That said, here's what I can suggest, but I wouldn't recognise your car even if it were to run me over. So. Post some pictures of the fixed cables, and of the hole where the dashboard was. You cannot really be sure that you acquaintance fixed them properly.

I expect that you try replacing the cables first. Look for disconnected sockets.

If there's anyone here who knows better, please join in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your clutch cable was broken, so it was removed? Look @ the top of your clutch pedal, should be some way to attach the new cable to it, and should be pretty obvious where you need to run it through the firewall. Shouldn't need to pull the dash off for that - but unless you're a young contortionist, it'll be easier if you pull out the driver's seat first.

Go to eBay and Amazon, and get you a shop manual. Just got one for my '93, ran me around $50 used for the pair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts