Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Montero limited. Transmission is being rebuilt but keeps getting an input / output code. And gear ratio error. Shop is out of ideas and wants me to replace the ecu. I bought a kit on eBay that has an ecu, matching immobilizer, and ignition with key. My question is where is the immobilizer located? I believe ecu is to the left of the driver but just confirming.

Also if anyone has any thoughts on the transmission issues please chime in. Shop went with a Mitsubishi input speed sensor, and no shorts in wiring harness that we can find....

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can answer my own question, Ill still post here to share knowledge, immobilizer is about 4 inches away from the OBD2 port. You can see the metal bracket holding the immobilizer but not the immobilizer itself. Two screws, and it's off. Easy

· Registered
2 Posts
I can answer my own question, Ill still post here to share knowledge, immobilizer is about 4 inches away from the OBD2 port. You can see the metal bracket holding the immobilizer but not the immobilizer itself. Two screws, and it's off. Easy
did you solve the problem?? i have same problem with an dodge stratus coupe 3.0 mitsubishi, i think i need to change my ecu. do you need the same part number, or just any kit ecu/immo/switch/key??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts