Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

This is the first post that I write here, and I´m very happy to know that there is a place where colt owners of all arround the world could talk abaut our little mitsu :D

This time I´m going to talk abaut the electronic hidden menu that we are tryin´ to discover in our spanish mistubishi forum (http://www.forosgratuitos.com/index.php?mforum=mitsubishi )

As you well know, we´ve got a LCD screen where we can see the temperature, the hour, and the instant consumption. But there´s a hidden menu over the colt computer, where we can changed some funcions that will show us different data information over this LCD screen.

For example, having the engine key in OFF position, press the A button (in the up right side of the screen) and hold it during you change the engine key to ON position. If you have done it right, you will be able to change the instant consumption choice to a velocity average or a km number that remain you to put more gas on the tank.

We think that there´s a lot of more tricks over this "cz3 inside computer" that we don´t know yet, but tryin´ I´m sure that we´ll discover many interesting things.

Best Regards.

mkflight

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have a original Mitsu Radio installed?

Velocity average is standard when switching with the radio, nothing hidden there.

ALexander

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the thing... I do not have an original radio, cause when I bought my cz3, I did it without radio system to put it on a good Pioneer one.

We think that there are some more things, or we can turn on some features as: automatic close when you pass 30km/h, digital speed metter...

mkflight

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can use any OBD-II diagnostic tool which supports CAN.
You can read ie:
speed
rpm
water temp
ignition timing
lamda sond 1+2

Could you provide the exact link to the thread in the forum?
I'm from Austria, you can also look into Coltmania.

ALexander

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello.

Thank you very much for your information Alex.

I don´t know anything abaout OBD systems, but I have heard something about... could you explain me how does it works? It´s a software that runs over a pc connected to the car?

I have also looked that website, but I don´t understand anything, could you give me the related links where you speak abaut this themes or where I can see some photos abaut?

The links where we talk abaut this are:

http://www.forosgratuitos.com/viewtopic.ph...orum=mitsubishi

and

http://www.forosgratuitos.com/viewtopic.ph...orum=mitsubishi

all of them in spanish :(

mkflight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have already read what is an OBD tool, and I understand it as a diagnostic tool based in a kind of interface that shows you all the information that you need and the computer inside of the car can give you....

But what I would like to have is the access to all of this data in the LCD screen of my colt... We know that there is a kind of hidden menu because in our forum, there is a friend that has discovered the existence of a diagnostic mode by the pressin´ of determinated keys of the LCD screen. This could give to the workshop people some quick information withouth connect anything to the car...

salu2

mkflight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-Put the engine key in LOCK OFF position.

-At the same time you press A button(in the lcd panel screen) change the engine key to ON.

-Then press 2 times H button and keep pressing A button.

Now the multicenter menu is workin. Now pressin´ set button you can see every option of this mode:

Multicenter Mode Model
Car Type
Checkin´ of every electronic sensor
Voltage that comes to Gas Indicator

and many more things...

But wait, because this was read in the Space Star´s Workshop Manual. I have tried in my cz3, but I didn´t obtain anything interesting...

If we´ve got this procedure to see all that things in the space star, we must have another one for our colt cz3...

mkflight

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would be real interesting. But I have to tell you, that the Colt is VERY different from the Space Star concerning electronics.

ALexander

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn´t think it cause I saw that the LCD screen look to be the same... but I know that this doesn´t matter at all if the electronic core is different...

If you have the Workshop manual, must be some part of it where they talk abaut this diagnostic mode...!

mkflight

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I found it too. I have Colt CZ3 1.3 with pioneer cd player instead of mitsu stock one.

When key is OFF press A button (top right), holding A (all time) switch the key to ON position and wait until cpu info (consumption and temp) appears, than pres SET button (not H button as said mkflight).
You will able to change between 4 preset, but only 2 of them are active. Here is image.

Also I found this and nothing in Colt user manual.

When ON, hold A button and pres SET. Changes between Auto (1) and Manual (2)

To Alexander, how did you build in a tempomat? Can you explain?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by du!@Aug 25 2007, 05:45 AM
Yes I found it too. I have Colt CZ3 1.3 with pioneer cd player instead of mitsu stock one.

When key is OFF press A button (top right), holding A (all time) switch the key to ON position and wait until cpu info (consumption and temp) appears, than pres SET button (not H button as said mkflight).
You will able to change between 4 preset, but only 2 of them are active. Here is image.

[snapback]109615[/snapback]​
I've been playing little with these menus and this is the conclusion.

In the same order as the pictures from du!:
1. Kms you can travel with the remaining fuel in the tank.
2. Average speed for the trip.
3. Instant consumption (the standard option).
4. Average consumption for the trip.

If anyone else finds out other thing please share. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the new Colt 2008,and i tried to do this but it was a waste of time...
Does anyone know something i can do?
i want to see how many km's i can go with the fuel i got..
thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a colt czc 2008, and i just press the display button and it scrolls through all of those options so i can see how many miles or km i have remaining and fuel consumption. I don't have to do any special combination of buttons/key positions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
deaglun, in the UK we are gifted with a full trip computer as standard whereas elsewhere in europe they have to pay extra for it.

FYI rest of you - the auto/manual function is whether you want the car to reset the info every 4 hours of "off" time, or whether you want to manually reset it when you hold in the button. however, it returns to auto setting every time you "off" the car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts