1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys -

I just wanted to check if it is possible... the fan in Endeavor has 4 speeds,
speed 1 -> you don't really feel it when it's on... very quite
speed 2 -> you can hear it and feel it...
speed 3 -> makes a lot of noise

I've been using speed 2 all the time since it was not so noise and enough to keep the car worm inside... but it started last Sunday, using the speed 2 I don't feel any air I mean I feel it but it's very very light and the car gets cold pretty fast, speed 3 works well...

the question is:

is it possible that speed 2 died? same as speed 1 since I almost don't feel air when it's set to 1

or if it dies -> the whole thing will be down....

thx

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you're talking about the air conditioning/heat fan, not the engine fan, right?? I know that in my car that are more than four speeds, but its the same basic thing. One thing I have noticed is that when you switch the air from face or feet, to defrost,t he fan gets much louder and stronger. It seems the defrost is always more intense, which makes sense. And at the top speed on defrost it is quite loud.

On my father's Jeep Liberty he has the issue you're talking about, where on speed 1 it is the same as off. I don't think he's fixed it yet but I'm pretty sure he identified the problem as the switch. There aren't different fans for each speed. As you turn the switch the voltage is increased to the fan. So if the fan works at higher voltages, most likely it will work at the lower voltages. It most likely is the switch. If you take your dash off and find the output for the switch you should be able to put a voltmeter on it and the other end on the car frame and turn the switch. If you get very low voltage when the switch is on 1 then it is your switch, but if it looks normal it must be your fan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, you're right I was talking about AC/heat fan not engine... and looks like it's a switch I can live with it for now but when I got to dealership I'll ask them to check I hope it's covered by warranty...

thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts