Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my (new to me, but used) 2004 endeavor, but as much as the great smooth ride, spacious interior and nicely placed controls and so forth (except my behind-the-steering-wheel station changing button doesn't always work), are wonderful, I am a total sunroof junkie and though I was attracted to the car for the fact that it was a bit out of the norm, I loved the huge sunroof. The problem is that when I open just the sunroof and travel between 35 and 40 miles an hour, the thumping wind sound is horrible. Then if I just crack the back windows a bit to get rid of the thump sound, the wind sound is huge! (oh, I have 2 young kids in that back seat who also has to endure ..or is endeavor???) If I am decelerating from about 40 to 30 (as I do rounding the bend before my house) the huge thumping sound is even worse!. Please tell me if anyone has had the same experience and if there is a fix. I have tried pulling down on the sunroof deflectore (not really a help) and moving the luggage bars but to no real help either. I do like this vehicle (heated seats and sound system), but am just about ready to get rid of it because of the crazy wind noise factor.

Anyone have any nice positive help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
its normal. It happens on most cars. Its mearly a low pressure zone of air being created by the sunroof.

It also happens on most cars if you open only the rear windows, leaving the fronts shut.
You cant do anything about it, since you cant change the laws of phyics.
my suggestion is to leave the windows shut and use the climate control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a used 2004 Endeavor with 62,000. Happy with the vehicle other than the gas mileage but I have noticed a whistle noise and I don't have a sunroof. I noticed in a forum somewhere that a similar problem occured where it was thought to be a belt but ended up being a drive shaft problem. Noise only occurs when traveling between 40-55 miles per hour. Any one have a suggestion?

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts