Mitsubishi Forums banner

Engine 6g75

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RXtreme8 
#1 ·
#2 ·
boosted dont think so ... i found that the eclipse GT the 6G75 has a higher compression then the one used in the endeavor ... the diff ... (Endeavor 10:0:1) (EclipseGT 10:5:1) ... i am trying to find out if i can mount a man transmission to the AWD version of the 6G75 that the endeavor uses then modify the endeavor engine to perform like the eclipse engine and drop it into my 06 eclipse :) ... call me crazy but if its possible to make it AWD i will ... sorry i went :eek:fftopic: ...

#5 ·
Originally posted by MIA4Geclipse@Jul 24 2006, 04:57 PM
boosted dont think so ... i found that the eclipse GT the 6G75 has a higher compression then the one used in the endeavor ... the diff ... (Endeavor 10:0:1) (EclipseGT 10:5:1) ... i am trying to find out if i can mount a man transmission to the AWD version of the 6G75 that the endeavor uses then modify the endeavor engine to perform like the eclipse engine and drop it into my 06 eclipse  :) ... call me crazy but if its possible to make it AWD i will ... sorry i went  :eek:fftopic: ...
[snapback]60394[/snapback]​
wow, i like your thinking.

as i continue to vear this thread further off topic ...

that is a great idea. I'm new to the Endeavor scope, but i think the problem you may have is finding a Manual AWD tranny. I don't think they offered the Endeavor with a manual, and i doubt it's one that you can hybrid. I've seen other manuf that had final drive section that could be unbolted from tranny so you can add and LSD or AWD final drive and bolt it on, and thus making your FWD tranny a AWD tranny, and vice versa.

I don't know if Mitsu's still making a awd galant in JP (i don't know that it has the same engine either for that matter)... that you could import a transmission from, but that might be worth investigating. I'm sure mitsu has a AWD Manual tranny that will bolt up to the 6G75.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.