Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about engine swaping? Is it possible to swap a evo engine into a ralliart assuming the evo engine is the same year as the ralliart?

·
Registered
395 Posts
anything is possible. if u want to run like an evo, buy an evo. the RA has a bigger motor though. the amount of money for the evo motor alone is probably enuff to turbo yer RA. ROADRACEMOTORSPORTS.COM
the kit here is pricey /\ /\ u can probably piece a kit together for cheaper. the RA has a hell of a motor in it. the 04 RA also has MIVEC, and i may be wrong but i think the 04 EVO doesn't. ROB?

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is a really bad idea because the ralliart lancer is in no way an evo. You would loose out on the awd system which is one of the best features of the evo. Not to mention the cost and time involved in something like this is sick. Buying a gently used evo 4g63t would cost you around 4k and up to begin with.

Then you need to add in the cost of the new ecu, transmission because your current one won't work, custom exhaust and engine harness, larger fuel pump, and I could go on and on. Of coarse this does not cover the cost of the labor and countless hoses, wires, clamps and etc...etc...

There is no way that this could be done properly for under 15k and you still would just have a fast fwd lancer ralliart. You also would have to upgrade your brakes, axles, aftermarket lsd and various other parts to support the power.

I am just saying. Besides a used evo 8 can be found for 18k if you look carefully. For what you are probably looking for I agree with Slim 2.4 that your best bet is to buy a turbo kit for your the ralliart lancer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
yea, i agree with maike, for agreeing with me. its too much BS. u can't afford it. no offense, but u can't

·
Registered
395 Posts
hate to dig this **** again. i mean, its old but its still on the first page of threads. anyways, what'd u do, or are u gonna do? if u decide to go thru with either idea let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts