Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an offer from a friend of mine who wasted his 05 EVO Vlll is going to give me his engine complete drop out it has a 5 speed transmission, transfer case, wiring harness, alternator, starter, powersteering pump, AND ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSION no turbo though I was wondering if I could put this in my 2005 ES or at least the engine its self if I cant just put this whole setup in at once its costing me a lot but it has 40k on it.
And 2. if I have this is there a way I can make it awd or rear wheel drive. I also know where I can get the rear diff. for like 400 buck.

G

·
Originally posted by wolfen6137@May 22 2008, 08:11 AM
just got an offer from a friend of mine who wasted his 05 EVO Vlll is going to give me his engine complete drop out it has a 5 speed transmission, transfer case, wiring harness, alternator, starter, powersteering pump,  AND ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSION no turbo though I was wondering if I could put this in my 2005 ES or at least the engine its self if I cant just put this whole setup in at once its costing me a lot but it has 40k on it.
And 2. if I have this is there a way I can make it awd or rear wheel drive. I also know where I can get the rear diff. for like 400 buck.
[snapback]166698[/snapback]​
do not buy this unless you are looking to put it in a 3G eclipse RS/GS, or a Galant 1992- present with a 2.4L engine in it. the EVO motor will not bolt up to your stock motor mounts. your engine has a completely different code and is a completely different block design. the EVO motor is a 4G63t engine and will pit in a car with a 4G64 engine, but anything else will take custom modifications which costs a lot of money.

rear diff will also call for a complete rear suspension overhaul and a custom rear suspension mounting brackets. i don't suggest you do any of this.

what you should do, is buy the EVO motor, and the ECU/ECM, wiring harness, transmission, and then buy a 2000-2005 5 speed eclipse RS/GS with a blown motor. slap all this in the eclipse and have a really fast eclipse for cheap.

sorry but the lancers and the EVO's share only similar body styles anymore. even then you can tell the difference if you have half of a brain.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That would be like diping a turd in gold...all you have now is a golden turd.

If you want the 4g63 with awd, buy an Evo...you'll save about 20 thousand dollars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Putting an evo engine into the lancer is not a easy task but not impossible either.
I see everyone else is very skeptical about this. Well nothing is impossible with a little help my friend
the 4g63 is a complicated engine, the setup is very different from the lancer but not completely. the oz rally and evo 7 have different chasis. you have to keep in mind that this will cost you a lot of money if you are not gona do it by yourself.
Lucky for you the engine bay on the lancer is roomy, and you actually have space to drop in the 4g63.(BTW to all haters i have done this swap so i do know what am talking about)
the first thing you need to do is test drop in the 4g63 so you have an idea how you are gona weld the custom made motor mounts. one you have done that, you may put the evo axles in the car, make sure you get heck of better shocks and the axles are perfect fit.
now you need the evo ECU, and wiring harness because its totally different from the lancer.
lucky for you the wiring in the car is not that different from the car.
another thing you need to do is take the alternator, power steering, and ac compressor before you put the engine. once you have set it inside the engine bay. you may put them
the most challeging part was the power steering set up, you will need to get longer lines and bend em a little around the left side of the engine bay. From there i custom set the p/s reservour cuz it will not fit where it usually does in the oz, or es lancer if you are gona put a turbo in the 4g63.
Once you put the alternator and a/c compressor on the engine you may procced to plug the harnes and fuse work.
you will keep the rear differential and it fits perfectly on the lancer's differential.
(now here is where you must know that you are to replace the differential oil regularly and keep it constantly maintained cuz the engine is putting much more power on this little sedan)
now you are to put a manual transmission on the car, this is where it gets crazy!! the evo has a big **** tranny case unlike the lancer, and it will not fit very easy, i had to make space on the front firewall to make it fit. when you approach this problem if you are to do this, let me know and ill guide you through it

thats about it my friend good luck with you lancer
again
i had a 03 oz rally in brazil that where i live, and got a evo7engine from japan.
and all the lancer haters, eclipse lovers respect my lancer now.
good luck pal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts