Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blinkers, hazard lights, dome light and power locks all stopped working on my 2004 Mitsubishi Galant at the same time. I'm thinking of just replacing the ETACS ECU since I found a couple on ebay between $20-$60. Could anybody give me details on where the ECU is located and how to access it? Also is it a part I can just replace or does it need to be "programmed" as I've read from alternate resources.

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
We dont have Galant here in Australia, so not 100% sure, but if its similar to our Magna/380 then its Not as simple as just replacing it. It will need the immobiliser and injection ecu coding to it and the vin number writing also.

have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The blinkers, hazard lights, dome light and power locks all stopped working on my 2004 Mitsubishi Galant at the same time. I'm thinking of just replacing the ETACS ECU since I found a couple on ebay between $20-$60. Could anybody give me details on where the ECU is located and how to access it? Also is it a part I can just replace or does it need to be "programmed" as I've read from alternate resources.
The ETACS is located behind the relay /fuse box under the dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We dont have Galant here in Australia, so not 100% sure, but if its similar to our Magna/380 then its Not as simple as just replacing it. It will need the immobiliser and injection ecu coding to it and the vin number writing also.

have you checked the fuses?

Hi Dibby,
I am trying to replace the ETACS because with the old one, indicator on the left side are not working. Once that a replace the ETACS with a new one(from wreckers) the indicator starts working but the car does not start. Does the ETACS need codification or replacing it with a different one should work? thanks for you help in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dibby,
I am trying to replace the ETACS because with the old one, indicator on the left side are not working. Once that a replace the ETACS with a new one(from wreckers) the indicator starts working but the car does not start. Does the ETACS need codification or replacing it with a different one should work? thanks for you help in advance
it is a mitsubishi sedan 380 year 2005

1 - 7 of 7 Posts