Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I tried searching for this subject but the Search facility doesn't seem to work:

I read the other day that an Evo 1-3 engine would fit directly into a Colt, which has gotten me all excited (I really should get out more).

Is it really as simple as slap in the engine, loom and ECU? Can anyone tell me exactly what's needed for this conversion, e.g. do I convert the Evo gearbox to FWD somehow.

Thanks, from a potential future Colt driver!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yes,very possible . Also seen same model colt with the 2.0 V6 MIVEC from an FTO. I know that with the older colt models its "standard" practice when your dropping an evo engine in to convert to 4WD but running the standard evo box minus the prop would work...though evo power into the front wheels could mean lots of tire smoke without going anywhere. And i think it needs to be an engine from a 4-6 for the CJ model as in picture,gearbox is on the opposite side on 1-3 for the colt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It`s quite easy conversion if you know thing or two about cars. If you have 93-96 Colt you can use Evo 1-3. You should have the whole front pice of Evo because you need ECU and maybe some sensors.If you want only FWD you can take same year 2.0 FWD gearbox and it should work :thumbsup:

My question is if the rear axel of Evo 1-3 fits under the Colt?:unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by gevo@Jan 10 2008, 11:04 AM
Yes,very possible . Also seen same model colt with the 2.0 V6 MIVEC from an FTO. I know that with the older colt models its "standard" practice when your dropping an evo engine in to convert to 4WD but running the standard evo box minus the prop would work...though evo power into the front wheels could mean lots of tire smoke without going anywhere. And i think it needs to be an engine from a 4-6 for the CJ model as in picture,gearbox is on the opposite side on 1-3 for the colt.
[snapback]133480[/snapback]​

what would converting to 4wd require?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts