Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) What year EVO's came to America? Need to know because I want to get one for my first car(cheaply). I really want to get a 2002 EVO VII but don't know if they came out in America. If so do you think I could find a wrecked or salvaged one for around $5000US? Thanks!! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i thought evo 7's were the first in the US...., maybe that's why they're so **** hard to find. lol. I'm in the same position as you, and I wanna know this as well. I was thinking on settling with an older evo and importing it (might be cheaper?), but they're close to impossible to find, or I'm just lookin in all the wrong places...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
the Evo 8 was the first to hit the US in 03. I was watching the special features on 2 fast 2 furious, where they talked about the cars and the technical director said it was an Evo 8.

As far as finding a wrecked Evo for 5K, it's gonna be really hard. There was a shop in my town that sold nothing but salvaged cars and they had two Evo's go through that went for $12K to $15K, and they were not it very good shape (but were repairable).

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about importing? does anyone know anything about customs fees//shipping for older Evos? or are the Evo 1-7's only restricted to show//racing in the United States (I hope not).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts