Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm to the point where I've decided to keep the stock exhaust piping, but can't decide on a muffler. Is the best way really to get a hi-flow cat, remove resonator, and go with a magnaflow? I personally don't care much for the magnaflow but was just thinking about getting either an OBX or N1 style muffler. Are those too cheap though? I saw on ebay that I could get an N1 for 35 bucks and an OBX for 60 but I'm not going all out and getting the full stainless setup for magnaflow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by ohfourralliart@Jun 4 2008, 03:16 PM
I'm to the point where I've decided to keep the stock exhaust piping, but can't decide on a muffler. Is the best way really to get a hi-flow cat, remove resonator, and go with a magnaflow? I personally don't care much for the magnaflow but was just thinking about getting either an OBX or N1 style muffler. Are those too cheap though? I saw on ebay that I could get an N1 for 35 bucks and an OBX for 60 but I'm not going all out and getting the full stainless setup for magnaflow
[snapback]170511[/snapback]​
Get an ebay muff and your car's going to sound like a bumble bee on helium. Then, after a few weeks your muffler is gonna rust off and you'll look like a typical ricer. Go with a better product than an ebay muff. You want quality, you need to pay a lil more for it. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by special k@Aug 10 2008, 05:28 PM
Get an ebay muff and your car's going to sound like a bumble bee on helium. Then, after a few weeks your muffler is gonna rust off and you'll look like a typical ricer. Go with a better product than an ebay muff. You want quality, you need to pay a lil more for it. Just my $0.02
[snapback]192336[/snapback]​
I got a ebay everything when it comes to my exhaust header to the 4.5in tip! I havent had any problems with it and every one that I know and then some says that it sounds great! But magnaflow is a bad choice if you want sound. My friend had a oz rally edition lancer with the magnaflow exhaust it was 3in from the catback with no resignator. It sound like stock get a cheap ebay cat back. Its OBX but who will know the difference unless you tell em. And removing the resgnator doesnt help with sound. Thats what the guys who did his exhaust said and we couldnt tell any difference when it was taken off.

·
Registered
395 Posts
don't take the chance on that ebay crap. if your budget is so tight that u can't buy a decent exhaust system, u really shouldn't be modding your car in the first place.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by Slim 2.4@Aug 10 2008, 07:39 PM
don't take the chance on that ebay crap. if your budget is so tight that u can't buy a decent exhaust system, u really shouldn't be modding your car in the first place.
[snapback]192364[/snapback]​
Alright smart A$$ I have a ebay cold air intake with a K&N air filter. Which is better? Your CAI or my CAI? (If you even have one) You know when you buy from ebay its from people OR small companys like OBX! Pipe is pipe tell me the difference in your exhaust! Is yours better cause it says "Magnaflow" Or "Greddy"?! No, you have an exhaust pipe with an aftermarket muffler. Mine was just cheaper! And if you have magnaflow I bet mine sounds better!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by BigJohnson9796@Aug 10 2008, 07:55 PM
Alright smart A$$ I have a ebay cold air intake with a K&N air filter. Which is better? Your CAI or my CAI? (If you even have one) You know when you buy from ebay its from people OR small companys like OBX! Pipe is pipe tell me the difference in your exhaust! Is yours better cause it says "Magnaflow" Or "Greddy"?! No, you have an exhaust pipe with an aftermarket muffler. Mine was just cheaper! And if you have magnaflow I bet mine sounds better!
[snapback]192366[/snapback]​
Listen chief, before you fly off the handle again, consider this, if you are turbo which i'm assuming by your avatar, then your e-bay exhaust will sound all sorts of different then the OP who is n/a. Also, removing the resonators will make it sound different on n/a apps also.

OP, any canister style muffler you can throw at that car will sound like ****. Stock or aftermarket cat-back. That is all.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just gets old everyone raggin on what ya got. My friend had a N/A OZ rally edition Lancer and we couldnt tell a difference when the took the resignator off. I dont mean to fly off gettin mad I just hate haters! lol I spent 400 bucks on my exhaust! Header down pipe High flow cat and cat back exhaust and its all OBX. It sounds AWSOME! You can spend 400 on just a cat back from Greddy or somethin like that

·
Registered
395 Posts
pipe is pipe huh? so your aluminized (or tin foil) piping with the folgers can is the same as my 304 stainless steel with an HKS muffler? nobody's raggin on yer $hit bro. maybe u do have a decent muffler, i don't know and i don't care. but i do know that 90% of the stuff on ebay is generic crap. notice that i said 90% and not all of it? and i think most people would agree with me that you get what u pay for. so quit takin stuff so personally and gettin so **** hostile over my OPINION before u get the thread shut down. and don't dog my parts without doin a little research first because mine sounds pretty [email protected] good

·
Registered
396 Posts
i didnt say it didnt sound good. And my pipe is stainless steel and its a 2.5in pipe and 4.5in exhaust tip. If you didnt know it was from ebay you wouldnt even know it was cheep! ill barrow my friends camera tommorrow and take pictures of it and post them. Not everything from ebay is crap. I wouldnt buy a turbo kit or anything major but small **** is ok. Like ebay CAI just put a good filter on it, or short shifter or guages. Just dont buy pistons or stuff like that. But I bet you my Exhaust sounds just as good as your HKS exhaust if not better. Is there any way you can post videos?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by BigJohnson9796@Aug 13 2008, 12:10 AM
i didnt say it didnt sound good. And my pipe is stainless steel and its a 2.5in pipe and 4.5in exhaust tip. If you didnt know it was from ebay you wouldnt even know it was cheep! ill barrow my friends camera tommorrow and take pictures of it and post them. Not everything from ebay is crap. I wouldnt buy a turbo kit or anything major but small **** is ok. Like ebay CAI just put a good filter on it, or short shifter or guages. Just dont buy pistons or stuff like that. But I bet you my Exhaust sounds just as good as your HKS exhaust if not better. Is there any way you can post videos?
[snapback]193358[/snapback]​

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by BigJohnson9796@Aug 13 2008, 12:10 AM
[snapback]193358[/snapback]​
i may be able to post a vid, i gotta use my girls phone though. and bro, this is a forum. we're talking to people we'll probably never meet so theres no reason for this "mine is better than yers" crap. i was just pointing out that theres alot of crap on ebay. this is a place for us to share knowledge, experience and opinions and to rag on punx with hondas that do nothing but install mufflers and underglow neon. it sounds like u got a good deal though, if it is stainless b/c that **** ain't cheap. so lets both chill and remember the one thing we do have in common. MITSUBISHI's ARE THE BADDEST PHUCKING CARS OUT ON THE ROAD....deal? :beer:

·
Registered
396 Posts
yea dude sorry I seem like an ass hole im really cool! Unless you like my girl but maybe we should post vids just to show the difference in a high dollar exhaust vs cheap. I want a Evo2 Greddy catback but my stainless steel OBX sounds really good! It gets alot of compliments :) but yea I think mitsu owners should come together not fight. Its cool though

·
Registered
395 Posts
whats yer girl look like? blonde? tig bitties? heh heh, just clownin :grin: ! i had the evo2 on my teg and i definately liked it. i would have gotten for my RA but they didn't make one for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts