Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a very hard time installing the OEM Running boards on my Endeavor. I am able to install and torque the screws on the outer side of the car where there is screws already that have to be removed at first. However, the other side closest to the chassis or on the chassis is extremely hard to put a bolt into the existing hole, I already stripped one bolt's head. Am I suppose to replace the existing bolts removed onto the holes in the chassis or use the ones that come with the running boards on the existing holes?
Both seem like they won't go in! Also, would it be easier to install the mounting brackets on to the Truck first and then the running board itself on to them, or installing the mounting brackets onto the running board first and installing the entire running board assembly with brackets?

Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks in advance, I am new to this forum and will likely be reading and contributing here a lot, I have both an 01 Montero Sport and a 2004 Endeavor. I love them both!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: well my buddy and I installed them today, It was 104 degrees here in The San Fernando Valley area of LA but a couple of ice cold six packs did the trick. They factory running boards look so nice!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the black ones, the Titanium ones where over 100 dollars more expensive than the black ones and I also considered that the black ones matched my door handles, mirrors, and roof rack. The black ones also hide any scrapes much better than the painted titanium ones. With that said, Here is a pic of how the titanium ones would look like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I am going to go with black also. The "titanium" ones are ugly, they dont' match the roof rack. The gray plastic on the bottom of them looks cheap, and like it will get dirty easy. Do the black ones make your truck look lower?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts