Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out?. I need to find a hole in the firewall to run some power cables to the battery. Is there any specific location?.ie..passenge side, drivers side to look for?.........I hate to do any drilling on my 06 endo. Input much appreciated. :liebe011:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello ,

I had the same dillemna , I decided to not drill thru the firewall .

I took the way by the false aisle: directly behind the headlights there is a 2 inches holes , I passed a long steel rigid wire and was able to pull the needed wires up to the door hinges , passed them over the door to get inside the cabin.

Not clear my explanation ....need some pics ?

My wires were for a laser jammer ... and yours ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine are for an amp, just for a lil kick. What I decided to do was add a line out converter (rca outputs) and run em back to the hatch for the subs along with the power cable, rca cables and remote on wire. Local cats around here want $150 US to do that. I'll take a look @ the route U suggested. I looked under the steering wheel the other day (by the brake and gas pedals) and I could see daylight even with the hood closed *looks promising*. Thanks alot for your input. If ya have pix's, post em. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for 'em. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked behind the headlight and seen the 1" hole. I guees I'll use a coat hanger to go "fishing" and use it to pull the necessary wires thru. I plan on using the drivers side to route the wires , and tuck em under the plastic trim by the doors all the way to the back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'll work, but I'm going to follow the harness into the body and try to fish it out under the dash some where. There's a harness leading into the body that I was gonna follow. With a lil patience and a few beers , I might get it done without worrying about crimping the 8 gauge wire in the door jamb. Dude, I think the wheel well cover should be easy to take off so yous can see where the wires going. Looks like a #13 socket should fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I hope this info is useful. I did find a hole thanks to Outlander. What I did was use that hole to feed the 8 gauge wire, but I went one step further and pierced a hole thru the rubber grommet in the door jamb and fed the wire thru to power my amp. *quite easy*. To make it simple without using wires or coat hangers to "fish", is to remove the wheel well , #10 socket to be exact! Once you see wire by your brake pedal, Its all cake from there! If you have any mechanical instincts this should be a breeze. Now I gotta tap into the radio with a line out converter for the RCA jacks to get sound to the subs in the hatch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts