Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some way to be able to drive with the foglights on without having to turn on the low beams, what do you guys think would be the best way of going about doing this?
I would like to keep all the factory light switches, and I would prefer not to have to add another switch under the dash or something. Is there anyway to rewire something, or would I have to make a new switch with a relay, goin only to the foglights?

... anyone with ideas please let me know, Im lost on this one.

G

·
hmmm not entirely sure whether that's actually legal doing that... fog lights serve the purpose of supporting the existing headlights in poor visibility conditions, and running them without the main headlights would sorta defeat the purpose...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doesnt matter if its legal or not, i want to be able to ride with jus foglights on like BMW cars are able to do

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
on the mistubishi you have it is not possible to bypass having to use the foglights with the low beam on even.............. with a relay

it will require its own circuit for on- off

with the extra switch you can them run a relay to the parkers

or run the fog with the parkers and add heavier wiring and a bigger fuse

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im In The Process Of This, And I Have Them Wired To The Parkers. But They Keep Blowing, Sooooo The Guy At Auto Zone Said I Need A Relay And It Wont Work With The Inline Fuse, Is This True? HELP

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Its hard to do. Because one if yu try to get it to do it this way yu can burn the BEM (Body Electronics Module) that controls lighting and alarm features. The BEM altho can be reprogrammed by a skilled person to operate the lighting module for this.

This is the thing , There are 2 signals for the fog lamp main relay , a power input which is passive to the headlamp switch and the ground signal sent frum the BEM to kick on the fog lamps relay. There is a schematics for the BEM and lighting system in the Intake and Induction and more in the pinned section above.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
My non-OEM fogs currently hooked up in the Outlander...

-Found an empty fuse location that only has power when the vehicle is on.
-Made a connector to fit into the fuse location and that connection runs to a switch.
-That switch then has a wire that goes to the fogs with an inline fuse.
-the fogs then go to a ground.

The results in Fogs that can be turned on at anytime that the car is running. But the moment I turn off the car the fogs are also turned off. When going directly to the battery... if you forget to shut off your fogs and turn off the vehicle a leave it, you will have a dead battery pretty quickly.

I intend to put the OEMs in and wired correctly. There is almost no reason to have OEM fogs on with only DRL's... unless your looking to go with HID lighting an need an quick fix to the fact that you don't have drl's anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Need Like A Step By Step, Im Going To Take The Fogs Off The Factory Switch And Mount My Own Switch. What Will I Need And How To I Wire It From The Fog Lights To The Switch And Battery. An Easy Way Please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts