Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the k member rusting in their endeavor? I know there has been a recall on the Outlanders. I went to a local Exhaust shop to have a pipe on my Endeavor replaced that had a hole rusted in it and he noticed the k member has holes rusted in it, this is where the engine sits. I purchased this 2011 Endeavor a year ago at 62,000 miles and with the understanding that it was in exceptional condition with low miles. I am shocked and I called the local Mitsubishi dealer who happened to just yesterday send me a postcard saying that my Mitsubishi may have a recall. I called and asked what the recall was and if there was any recalls on the k member. I was told by the Dealer that the post card was sent to everyone local who owned a Mitsubishi and there were no recalls for my SUV. The service department then called me back and said that to replace the k member would be $658 for the part and $600 labor unless they find more... I asked if there is some sort of warranty and was told no. I also was told there are only 4 of those parts in the USA and I should hurry to get it repaired or there would be no parts available that 90% of the parts for Endeavors are no longer being made. What a mess! This is my second Endeavor, the first was a 2004 that was a much better one than the one I have now and it had almost 300,000 miles on it and gave us 7 years of trouble free driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try to find one from a southern rust free car? might be cheaper
I bypassed the dealer and went to a local mechanic who replaced the K Member with a brand new Oem Mitsubishi one , replaced the complete exhaust system and fixed a leaking power stearing pump that was discovered. $2,200 dollars later it is again safe for my family to be on the highway in it. I must add that the 2004 I owned had a factory stainless steel muffler and exhaust system (?). at least, I think the whole system in 2004 was stainless steel, I never had to replace any exhaust components and it had nearly 300,000 miles when I sold it, the later Endeavors were not made as well as the earlier ones in my experience, I am very disappointed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts