Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live where winter happens every year so was expecting bolt to be very seized. But not like this. Horizontal lower controll arm got stuck and the nut inside the sub frame came loose so not able to get the bolt! Ive seen youtube vids about people cutting a hole in the sub frame to get access to the nut.
But i also got a mailed about the recall about the controll arm falling(last year) Does a recall expire on your car? Will the dealer even accept my car with the hole in the sub frame? Need tips on how you outlander owners deal with this issue! Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live where winter happens every year so was expecting bolt to be very seized. But not like this. Horizontal lower controll arm got stuck and the nut inside the sub frame came loose so not able to get the bolt! Ive seen youtube vids about people cutting a hole in the sub frame to get access to the nut.
But i also got a mailed about the recall about the controll arm falling(last year) Does a recall expire on your car? Will the dealer even accept my car with the hole in the sub frame? Need tips on how you outlander owners deal with this issue! Thanks!
Recalls never expire. Take it to dealer for subframe replacement

1 - 2 of 2 Posts