Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachmentid=5579] The spring the pushes the fuel door open fell off when I was at the gas station. I have the spring but I can't figure out where it is suppose to go. Can somebody describe where it is suppose to go or send a pic of there fuel door? My Car is an 04 Lancer ES, but I'm pretty sure the other years and model will be similar, expect for an EVO.

I've attached a picture of the spring that fell off, hope this helps

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure you have the whole spring. When they break the plastic piece on the end breaks also and you have to get a new clip. Had the same problem, thought it just fell out till I found both pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the same problem for my 2005 Lancer ES. The "clip" usually brakes in two parts from the plastic part. For example, the attached picture posted by 04_Lancer_ES is a picture when the clip is broken and a piece is missing.

I found the two pieces and I tried to repair it by putting some crazy-glue, but It didn't work. Thus, I decided to go straight to the dealer and spent $1.43 in total.

The real name of this so called "spring" is "Fuel door clip" and the part number is: MR970563.

I've attached a picture of a brand new clip.

[attachmentid=7315]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are some websites where you also can find out the "Fuel door clip", such as:
- MitsubishiOnlineParts.com.
- parts.com

But it turns out that the shipping is even more expensive than the part. Around $10.00 and in some cases you need to wait for a week to get it.

Also be aware that there are websites that claim to sell "OEM replacements" that are not actually OEM parts (original equipment manufacturer).

For this part, I personally recommend to go directly to the mitsubishi dealer. Make a call first with the part number for availability.

An OEM packaging for the "Fuel door clip" consist of one plastic bag inside the other.
The outside bag has the dealer information and the inside bag has the part information. Both states the part number. BTW, made in Japan.
I've attached both pictures.

[attachmentid=7321] [attachmentid=7322]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those that were not so lucky of finding out the clip and lost it in the gas station. If you don't even have a clue of the size of the clip, I have attached the following picture for comparison:
[attachmentid=7323]

The next question will be where it suppose to go?
Well, you will find the difference in the following pictures.
In the picture below, It shows a fuel door without a clip. If you are able to see the round hole near the hinge, that means you don't have a clip.
[attachmentid=7324]

A fuel door with a clip is attached to the round hole and this is how it looks like in normal conditions:
[attachmentid=7325]

I tried to give as much information as possible in this area, since this is what I was initially looking for in the web with not luck. I hope this helps to the community.

Regards,
LG

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts