Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Wanting some advice. I am travelling around Australia, in my Mitsi Express, 2007. It is well maintained. And I have had this query investigated by my regular mechanic more than once. Bad fuel economy. Online specs say I should get 100 kms to 11 ltrs of fuel. However, I am getting about 100 kms to 20 ltrs of fuel. My average speed is 90, highway driving. She is running beautifully apart from that. Could the high fuel consumption be due to roof top cage with tools chests causing wind resistance? Or the actual weight of the roof racks, cage and luggage? I also had a pretty big bull bar installed on the front. Has anyone else had this experience? Only way I can think to check this out is to remove all extra fittings I've had put in the car. Pretty extreme way to find out if that's is even what is causing the excessive fuel consumption. Input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
373 Posts
The wind resistance and extra weight would be likely causes. Those online specs wouldnt account for the age of the engine and wear and tear. It does seem extreme to have to remove everything just to see, but i would guess it would be the only way to be sure. Maybe some other Express owners could comment?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts