Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this should be in "performance" sub category. Gas gauge shows empty and gas light is on. Sometimes it will show 1/2 but fade back out. I bought a sending unit and have tried it out of tank. You know just plugged in to see if gauge works. No response, no change from current one in tank. I can't measure the ohms on the one in the tank because I can't get to pins with leads. On the bench the new one goes from like 112 ohms to about 5 or 6. The new one only seems to have two of the three pins in use. The connector in the car has three wires coming to it. Going from memory at the moment Red/White/Black(maybe with white stripe). How do I check connector wire specifications? Should the Red have voltage on it? I assume the white and black wires carry the ohm signal because they line up with the two from sender? Is there a common place where the wire harness has breaks, corrodes? Gauge problems? Thanks.

Update, I've tested old sending unit and it Ohms out the same as the new one. I think I have a bad connection somewhere or the gauge is bad. Any wire diagrams that would help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts