Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have a Mitsubishi L200 4WD 2.5D 1991. My fuel gauge ( MB415681 ) was not working for years and yesterday i bought an aftermarket fuel gauge.

However the gauge does not seems to responds as expected, i filled 12 Lts of fuel and the needle moved only few milimeters.

I would be grateful if someone could help me to solve this issue. Maybe could help me to callibrate the fuel gauge.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
265 Posts
is the sensor free to move? If you remove the sensor the swing it through its full stroke you might get more movement from the gauge.
If not then connect ohmeter to check resistance on sensor terminals. Resistance should change when you change sensor position

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the sensor free to move? If you remove the sensor the swing it through its full stroke you might get more movement from the gauge.
If not then connect ohmeter to check resistance on sensor terminals. Resistance should change when you change sensor position
Hello Dibby.
Yes it moves..i tested it before fixing in tank. When moved up the pointer moved to max an when down it movez to low.
Do you know what is the resistance range from low to high?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
265 Posts
I do not know the resistances, but if it works outside the tank it should work inside...

Maybe something inside the tank is restricting the floats movement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts