Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members, I have a problem with my galant 94 V6 DOHC a year ago it overheated & burst it's radiator, they told me the probelm was caused by the thermostat, since I am living in a tropical climate the mechanic advised me not to replace it but since then my car had been overheating because the radiator fan is not chipping in on it's own, I thought it was the switch that controls the fan that was bad but after replacing it I ended up with the same problem I had to disconnect the fan switch therefore allowing the fans to run free without depending on the switch to activate them, with this switch/sensor disconnected my car brings on the "check engine" light every time it's running plus the temperature gauge refuses to read over half even if the car is overheating it only goes half way and stops, I am puzzled about this problem & I have been told that maybe i'm having electrical problem, I had my car checked and my electrical system is fine, I dont know what to do about it right now, I have burned out 2 sets of fans so far because of the constant running of them...can some expert help me out with some solid advice?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey babes :grin: I'm from barbados.......i'm figuring that from the name you're in jamaica am i right?

Ok down to the topic.........You said that the fans are not cutting in and that you have to basically run them direct so they'll work.

I also have a v6 a 1996 vr v6 to be exact. I have had about 4 different water issues since i bought the car in Feb 2007 so i understand your plight.

I did the mechanic put the car's ecu on a diagnostic to see what codes it brought back (even though you knew what it was)?

I mean you could've have a stuck thermostat or even worse a clog radiator..........

please let me know or check me an email.

RAGE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts