1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Just got my new galant under the V.I.P program at work
and saved alot of money!
So far I love the car and I'm sorry I left mitsu to begin with.
My question is, how many miles can I expect from my ES with
2.4 engine?
I change oil every 3000 mile and perform all the maint on time!
:liebe011: Alan
p.s. I don't drive hard and most miles are highway!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
a LOT.

any modern car should easily hit 200,000 miles with normal maintenence and minor repairs.
plus, the new galant is based on the most durable platform mitsu has ever made. Its reflected by consumer reports putting mitsu number 4 overall in reliability.

the PS platform (which the galant, endeavor, and eclipse are based on) is a fantastic platform.

maintain your car using mitsu specs (in your owners manual), and you likely wont have any problems.

keep in mind that there is more to maintaining a car than oil changes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm just getting started, so it'll probably be a couple of years before I can answer this one. I'm not collecting data on any Mitsubishis yet--not enough are signed up. But the Dodge Caliber's initial reliability with a platform and engine shared with the next gen Mitsubishis isn't doing so well. Hopefully just first year stuff.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by mkaresh@Oct 9 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm just getting started, so it'll probably be a couple of years before I can answer this one. I'm not collecting data on any Mitsubishis yet--not enough are signed up. But the Dodge Caliber's initial reliability with a platform and engine shared with the next gen Mitsubishis isn't doing so well. Hopefully just first year stuff.
[snapback]70464[/snapback]​
well, thats a horrible choice to base it on.
first, the platform was originally designed by mitsu, but has been significantly altered by daimler-chrysler. And its built in america in illinois. At the Belvedere assembly plant (home of the world famous Neon). Not a the top of the line assembly plant over the course of time
the engine is part of the GEMA engine line (built by chrysler/hyundai/mitsubisi), but mitsu is not going to start using those engines until 2008 at the earliest.
the transmissions in the caliber have nothing to do with mitsu, either.

you cant use ANYTHING built by dodge as a basis for mitsus quality.. Dodge can pretty much screw up anything.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@Oct 10 2006, 06:34 PM
well, thats a horrible choice to base it on.
first, the platform was originally designed by mitsu, but has been significantly altered by daimler-chrysler.  And its built in america in illinois.  At the Belvedere assembly plant (home of the world famous Neon).  Not a the top of the line assembly plant over the course of time
the engine is part of the GEMA engine line (built by chrysler/hyundai/mitsubisi), but mitsu is not going to start using those engines until 2008 at the earliest.
the transmissions in the caliber have nothing to do with mitsu, either.

you cant use ANYTHING built by dodge as a basis for mitsus quality.. Dodge can pretty much screw up anything.
[snapback]70665[/snapback]​
Well, they DID build some high-quality transmissions in the mid 90's...oh God wait nevermind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts