Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing back to life a 2000 mirage de 4 door 1.5L
I would like to know what kind of gas mileage this thing should be getting.
If there are any known main problems with these cars other than being incredibly slow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What trans do you have? If manual, upper 30's not out of the question depending on how you drive. Auto, maybe 35 or so. Your car is not incredibly slow (unless there is something wrong with it, I can't really know), just was made for economy, that's all. If you want to build a race car, mileage will suffer some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I ment to provide that information. It's an automatic. I just got it back from the shop today. Bad coil pack bent rim and dead tire. It's my wife's car. I bought her a new one when we got married and didn't know all the stuff that was wrong with this one. It drives great now before the coil pack it was only hitting on three cylinders (hence the horrible gas mileage). I filled up the tank and threw in Lucas fuel injector cleaner and am recording the mileage to see how good it gets.

After searching a stock steel wheel is hard to find unless you wanna spend triple the price. I got a used aluminum wheel for 50 bucks.
The car is used to drive to work my weekend toy is a 1995 Mustang Cobra so going from driving the Mustang to this car makes me feel like a turtle.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Originally posted by 00deredfire@May 21 2008, 08:04 AM
Sorry I ment to provide that information. It's an automatic. I just got it back from the shop today. Bad coil pack bent rim and dead tire. It's my wife's car. I bought her a new one when we got married and didn't know all the stuff that was wrong with this one. It drives great now before the coil pack it was only hitting on three cylinders (hence the horrible gas mileage). I filled up the tank and threw in Lucas fuel injector cleaner and am recording the mileage to see how good it gets.

After searching a stock steel wheel is hard to find unless you wanna spend triple the price. I got a used aluminum wheel for 50 bucks.
The car is used to drive to work my weekend toy is a 1995 Mustang Cobra so going from driving the Mustang to this car makes me feel like a turtle.
[snapback]166234[/snapback]​
Lucas's products makes ur engine work alot harder than it normally does due to its think nature, so,of course, your gas mileage is going to be worse than if you hadn't added it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got just over 160 miles to £20 which works out roughly 40mpg last week
august 08

I did mix driving mostly country lanes and driving over 2 days

driving carefully though not thrashing her.

1.6 mirage glxi manual 3door

thats based on £5 per gallon which it roughly is which i get 40 miles to £5 gallon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts