Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I just got the NEW genuine trailer wiring harness kit for my endeavor... the kit looks straightforward except for step 13... the kit directions show the installation of a mounting bracket that mounts the flat-4 connector to the body or hitch receiver.

There appears to be some sort of mounting plate shown that the bracket mounts to.

The plate is not included in the kit and I don't see anything in the vehicle that resembles it.

All I can think is this bracket was designed to be mounted to the genuine trailer hitch and that the mounting plate is on the genuine hitch???

I have an aftermarket hitch from Curt Mfg. installed.

Can anyone advise??

Thx.

Tidge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by mittech@Apr 27 2005, 06:52 PM
It is part of the factory hitch.
[snapback]15892[/snapback]​
Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing the Mitsubishi Trailer Hitch from a Mitsubishi Dealership (mitsuaccessories.com) since my Mitsu dealer here in town is going to charge me an arm & leg for the same product.

Let me know if the hitch & harness on mitsuaccessories website is true genuine hitch & harness for the Endeavors (and not some gimmick posing as genuine Mitsu parts).

I don't mind spending a bit more for the Mitsu product vs. aftermarket as long I don't end up dealing w/ installation problems or fuses blowing.

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the curt after market hitch and the oem wiring kit. My mechanic was able to install the hitch in about 30 minutes (just drop the rubber muffler bolts, hold the hitch in place, insert all bolts in predrilled holes, retighten muffler bolts!). The oem wiring kit was great, just plug it into the wiring jack next to the spare tire and run the harness out to the hitch. As far as mounting the plug I found that to be an issue also so I basically used the enclosed base and mounted it on the underside of the bumper and have not had any problems with it. Very secure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts