Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new head unit for my 03 Lancer OZ, and I want to find something with a red backlight or red LED display to match the other red lighting in my car. I'm looking for something inexpensive because I'm not planning on upgrading the speakers or anything, but it would be great if it played mp3 discs and had an aux port for an mp3 player. The last two aren't musts, but would be nice.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Pick up a Sony CD player from the clearance section at Walmart.

Red lights, AUX port in the front, and plays MP3. Probably will cost $100-120.

G

·
Originally posted by mfalik@Feb 5 2008, 11:27 AM
Pick up a Sony CD player from the clearance section at Walmart. 

Red lights, AUX port in the front, and plays MP3.  Probably will cost $100-120.
[snapback]140411[/snapback]​

finally a moderator who will actually offer sound advice for someone not looking to spend a lot. i bow to thee mfalik

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know a lot of companies do this, but Kenwood for example lets you change the backlight color. Mine can be green, red or blue. Here is a kenwood for $99 that has all your listed features:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...p208&i=113MP208

There are cheaper ones, but for MP3, like mentioned, it tends to be a bit higher. (the same unit above without MP3 is only $79.99 Seen here

Don't know if your planning on putting it in yourself, but Crutchfield is good about giving free gear and info to install yourself. Remember your Mitsubishi will not have a negative on the wireharness for the stereo. So be sure to screw that neg (-) wire into something metal and grounded.

Best o' luck

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by bammerman@Apr 18 2008, 10:58 AM
I know a lot of companies do this, but Kenwood for example lets you change the backlight color. Mine can be green, red or blue. Here is a kenwood for $99 that has all your listed features:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...p208&i=113MP208

There are cheaper ones, but for MP3, like mentioned, it tends to be a bit higher. (the same unit above without MP3 is only $79.99 Seen here

Don't know if your planning on putting it in yourself, but Crutchfield is good about giving free gear and info to install yourself. Remember your Mitsubishi will not have a negative on the wireharness for the stereo. So be sure to screw that neg (-) wire into something metal and grounded.

Best o' luck
[snapback]157921[/snapback]​
Not to slam Crutchfield, but in order to get all the "free gear" you have to buy a deck that's over $130. Plus, the only free gear you would get is the wire harness adapter, which you can get anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts