Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 1985 Mitsubishi Express l300 1.6L 4 cylinder, automatic and carbied. She is in amazing condition for her age and I'm absolutely in love with her. I bought her with the intention to rip the current engine (4g32) out and replace it with the fuel injected 4g64 with minor modifications for the transplant.
I was going to do this for more power but after given the carby etc. a good clean i don't really need too, she's gained that power already.

Currently, cylinder 1 isn't getting enough compression; operating at 40 psi where as, cylinders 2,3 and 4 are all at 130psi. Ive ascertained that its most likely the valve and have bought a camera to inspect the inside I confirm my suspicions.

My question is, how hard would it be to replace the valve and give the old girl some TLC (clean, service, repair) throughout the engine and its components?

I have the knowledge to be able to complete it, its more so how hard the task itself is. Will I have to drop the engine? Is the 4g32 just a prick to work on? Can I still get the parts, etc etc.

Or, should I go with my original plan and replace the 4g32 with the 4g64?
I kind of like the idea of keeping her carburetted.

If anyone has any advice for me, it would be so very much appreciated:)

·
Registered
Mitsubishi L300 1983 (window van) RWD
2 Posts
i also have some issues with my engine and want to replace it, if you already did that i would like to know how you fixed it. i have an mitsubishi l300 from 83, manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts