Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new here!
I recently bought a 2008 Mitsubishi lancer, everything works great on the car the only problems I am having are

1.The driver side window and lock don't work - had it checked out motor is fine.
2.The mirrors don't work with the button on the driver side door.
3.It only came with one key and I want to get a keyless entry remote and program it can I program it myself?
4.The tire pressure sensor won't go off - was told it needs to be replaced completely.

If anybody has any suggestions or tips for me to fix these things it would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

- Stefany.

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
#1 if motor is fine then check the wiring and check the switches, need to take the door apart and test everything with a multimeter.

#2 same as above multimeter time

#3 some cheap system eat a key, others have a module you program but need 2 keys either way.

#4 ignore it, check your tires semi regularly and don't worry so much. Or pull all the needed parts from a wrecked lancer, but typically the TPMS system what fails isn't the whole system just the sensors in the tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 and 2)Get another switch from a junk yard.
3) Buy from eBay and get programed by a locksmith cheaper than the dealer.
4)Same as 3 except get programed by a tire shop. Due to the age you might have any of the 4 or all 4 with dead batteries which are not replaceable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts