Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Lancer ES, all stock. The vent selector knob busted off. Anyone know a way to replace the knob without tearing off the entire dash?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A picture of exactly what broke would help.

I'm a little confused as to what broke. The knobs for the temperature, vent selector, and fan speed all pull straight off. Each knob fits over a rod that goes into the HVAC control panel. Did you break the rod? If so, you'll need to replace the entire HVAC control panel. That part is easily obtained from a salvage yard (www.car-part.com or www.toms4n.com) or ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the rod broke. Looks like I will have to do some searching for the panel. Thanks for the help.

One other quick question. How hard is it to replace the panel? Do I have to take off the entire dash?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by djgarrett21@Apr 18 2007, 02:01 PM
Yes, the rod broke.  Looks like I will have to do some searching for the panel.  Thanks for the help.

One other quick question.  How hard is it to replace the panel?  Do I have to take off the entire dash?
Thanks
[snapback]93614[/snapback]​
The panel around the stereo and HVAC controls pops right off if you pry up on the bottom gently.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by utiheadbanger@Apr 19 2007, 10:34 PM
The panel around the stereo and HVAC controls pops right off if you pry up on the bottom gently.
[snapback]93847[/snapback]​
After you remove two screws that are found when pull off the three HVAC knobs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-MITSIB...emZ320097951105

Here's the part you need. You don't need the stereo bezel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to get the front panel off and get to the white plastic part in the back end but I am having hard time getting the a/c wires off any tips??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts