Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone,
I have recently bought a new colt czt, got a good price on it and now have a bit of cash to tune the engine. I need help finding an enclosed induction kit, dump valve etc.
Can anyone help??????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome!
KN is about to produce a sports air filter in a few days (October) and the inductio kit next Jannuary...
If there something for this car inform us down here too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers,
I've got a few m8's who have some contacts in Japan, should here something in the next few days. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blitz for dump valves have advised me to measure the inside diameter of the standard valve and e-mail them some photos as well. they say they could make up a t-piece and fit a dv26(re-circ.) on to it. what'd you guys think?

On another issue does anyone else find that the gears crunch pretty bad in first and reverse??????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At long last,
I,ve now got a successful turbasmart dump valve fitted, no problems at all! dont know if anyone else has already fitted this valve.

The guys name is Duncan at hypertech 01324 812212 for any1 whos in Scotland.

I will keep us posted on up and coming mods....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I emailed forge a few months ago and they send me a test valve from the pics i sent them. they also sent a spring tunning kit with 4 springs, blockers which fit and 3 spacers. i was advised not to use the red and blue spring as there were for bigger turbos. so the only springs i can use which is the weakest is

green ( 6 to 8 psi )
yellow ( 10 to 12 psi )
blue ( 14 to 16 psi )
red ( 18 to 20 psi )

The valve blockers etc all fit perfect. but with the combinations with green. ive tried yellow. then green with 1-2 and 3 spacers. but it drives for about 5 mins down the road then the engine mangment kicks is with traction control light/active stability control system light kicks in. Im not sure which system is messing with but i think its the active stability system as it stays on untill the engine is stopped and the valve removed.

I received this from mitsy

Dear Mr Robinson
MITSUBISHI COLT CZT

Thank you for your e-mail received on 7th November 2005.

I have been informed by our Technical Department that a standard value
for the Turbo boost pressure is 39-65 kPa.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Mitsubishi Customer Services

but 39-65???? isnt that to much of an big range!

Anyway i hope you can help as i really want one on and i havre all the bits. Im not technical, but i know how to put it on, change springs etc. and thats it. so if anyone can help that would be awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by p22yde@Sep 30 2005, 01:13 PM
At long last, I've now got a successful turbasmart dump valve fitted
Do you know which Turbosmart dump valve you've got on there? Also having trouble finding any of these parts. Is the turbosmart one you've got a re-circulating one or an atmospheric one, and also what does it sound like? (Sorry for asking soooo many questions!) :blush-anim-cl:

I contacted K&N a few weeks ago, and they told me they had nothing planned for the CZT!!! Have other people heard any different? Also, if anyone knows of any other mods available (lexus lights etc) please, please, please let me know!!! :liebe011:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont suppose you have a link m8. i had a few test valves from forge a month after when the CZT was out. They send me:

Part number

FMEVO15

and

A recurculating valve which didnt have a part number on

Im guessing theses are for evos. They sent me a tuning kit also but no combo of springs worked!

Im not technically minded when it comes to cars. Ive just looked on forge website and there is no mention of a CZT or a dump valve for it. Also if you could tell me this working valve from forge. Does it solve the ecu sutting out as when i was testing these valves for them its the problem i had over and over. i couldnt get any of the two valves i have to work.

So if you have a link that would be epic

many thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
i managed to find this link

http://www.bonalume.com/index.html with the valve and ecu remap thing? like ive said in my previous post that im not technically minded. So is this easy to install. I can put one of the evo valves i got sent from forge. Oh by the way which im selling so what would be a good place to sell em.

So would i need to take the bonalume kit to a workshop to be fitted. or is it easy for a none techy minded lad. I know it states on the website that its easy to install. But im worried this is a selling point

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello every1
i have the forge type rs re-circ dump valve for my czt, it seems to work ok driving around in town (stop-go driving) but after driving a few miles on the motorway the ecu light and traction control light come on and the car goes into safe mode. the type rs valve is adjustable so i dont know if this is happening because of the setting i have chosen, can any 1 help or is this the wrong product for the czt? i also have a k&n panel filter for my colt, these are available from most k&n dealers now
cheers every1
will

1 - 14 of 14 Posts