Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Eclipse GS and am trying to install fog lights on it. I bought after market ones and used the stock wiring to install the lights. I am not sure on how to hook up the switch inside the dash though. The wiring for the stock one is in there but i didn't get the stock switch. The switch i have has three bars on it one for power, one for ground, and one for av. The stock wiring in the dash has 4 wires and i am not sure which wire is which. Does anyone know which is which? Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
there are 4 basic colors....red (hot), black (neutral) and white or green (ground). In a house it's different...white (hot), Black (neutral) green (ground). Have to look at the colors and also test it to see what has voltage across the wires and which doesnt. Also, google the wiring schematic and should tell you as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah tell me about it. I wish i had bought the stock ones now. Anyway got another problem. There are 2 sets of wires in that part of the dash. Both are 4 wires going into the connector plugs. One set of 4 wires colors are: blue, green, black, and black with yellow stripe. The other set of wires colors are: orange, green, black, and black with yellow stripe. Does anyone know the set of wires that is for the fog lights? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts