Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5-Speed. The original engine is blown so I replaced it with a newer one. Everything buttoned back together perfectly and it started back up perfectly fine. But the issue I’m having is when I put it in gear it doesn’t move anywhere whether it’s in 1st-5th or Reverse. So the CV axles don’t move but the clutch and the flywheel move. It has a brand new clutch and fluids are good. I just don’t know what is going on. If someone has any advice or information please let me know. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5-Speed. The original engine is blown so I replaced it with a newer one. Everything buttoned back together perfectly and it started back up perfectly fine. But the issue I’m having is when I put it in gear it doesn’t move anywhere whether it’s in 1st-5th or Reverse. So the CV axles don’t move but the clutch and the flywheel move. It has a brand new clutch and fluids are good. I just don’t know what is going on. If someone has any advice or information please let me know. Thanks!:) View attachment 17720
My guess is the clutch disc was installed backwards. The hub of the disc is not letting the clutch engage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts