Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 lancer with 1.5 engine , the engine is getting old a tired ( it was never a strong one!) but now it is getting even worse , i love the car so i want some suggestions for upgrading it
i found a Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GDI 2000 in a very good condition, can i use its engine on my car?? the car is cut into two half but all parts are in good condition
and can anyone tell me how much hp this engine gives???
all other suggestions are welcomed
thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by faysal06@Jan 3 2008, 02:05 AM
i have a 99 lancer with 1.5 engine , the engine is getting old a tired ( it was never a strong one!) but now it is getting even worse , i love the car so i want some suggestions for upgrading it
i found a Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 GDI 2000 in a very good condition, can i use its engine on my car?? the car is cut into two half but all parts are in good condition
and can anyone tell me how much hp this engine gives???
all other suggestions are welcomed
thanks guys
[snapback]131795[/snapback]​
Hi faysal06, i also have a similar engine an N/A cyclone with my 1994 lancer and what i did is modified it to its maximum potential. I have replaced my flywheel with lightened ones to add torque, replaced my carb with EFI with over sized throttle to help my engine breath and replaced my stock air filters with Simota cold air system. Since i replaced my carb it became high compression in which added HP and i replaced my exhuast system with 4-1 headers with 1.75 diameter and pipeline of 2.0 diameter straight pipe. I also replaced my chambered muffler with free flow mufflers... and in total i've added 30-40HP and 30% boost to its performance.

If your planning to replace your engine be sure to have the same engine orientation as your old one and you need to have a good mechanic when replacing engine. Make sure that everything fit and as much as possible less conversion.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My lancer 93 engine are not that strong as it was when it was new,last month i met a mechanic where he told me he had a second hand evo 3 engine and i bought it and he installed for me wow, its even more powerful than my 3 weeks old lancer GTS 08 :D
I suggest you get a 2nd hand engine where both price & condition are reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts