Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Thomas Brown from AZ...known as the BBG. I just bought a new 2004 Galant and I need to know how I can retain mt Infinity stereo system and connect aftermarket Kicker Subs to it. I have a the amp install kit but the CD changer/headunit has an 6 pin or s-type plug behind it and no RCA's. Is there an adapter for this?

I know about the MTAH adapter but all the sites say they are for an aftermarket head unit such as a Pioneer, Kenwood etc. or to bypass the factory sound system and amp and run all new speakers, amps, and a deck.

This is how my Infinity sound system looks like.

Can anybody point me in the right direction or help me out?

Thanks

Thomas

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same system in My Endeavor, and I have not heard of anyone being able to run subs off of the stock deck due to the lack of preouts and a dedicated chanel. I am in the process of modding my "Robot" console to hold the Kenwodd DDX7017, check it out on my car domain page, the mod would look extremely sick in the galant, and contrary to popular belief you do not lose the factory lcd display features when you put an aftermarket deck in, the only think is it displays a radio error but the radio display page can be turned off through the customization menu available when in park. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE A 06 GALANT SE AND IM TRYING TO PUT AN ALPINE IVAW200 HEAD UNIT IN THERE I WAS GONNA TRY TO PUT THE DDX7017 IN THERE BUT COME TO FIND OUT MY FRIEND GOT IT IN HIS AVALANCHE SO CHAGED UP TO ALPINE, BUT I HAD A ALPINE IN MY 94 GALANT AND IT WORKED GOOD FOR ME. BUT IM JUST WONDERING IF U THINK IT WOULD FIT IN THERE SINCE ITS A DOUBLE DIN MY SETUP IS JUST LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICTURE IT SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD FIT BUT I DONT KNOW ,SO IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE DIMENSIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WOULD APPRIECIATE IT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts