Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2004 Galant I'm trying to save money by installing some new front speakers in myself but I'm an newbie at this. I can't figure out how to get the door panel off. I can only find 2 screws on the door . One on the door handle and one on the door opener. Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
it's not too easy the first time but you start to get the hang of it.

from memory..

2 screws at the bottom, one in the door latch (with the lock), one behind the little square piece of plastic on the door handle, one on the outside edge of the door. unscrew all of those (and any others you might find that i forgot about)

Put your hand on the door latch and slide it towards (if i remember correctly) the outside of the door. To put it back on, do the opposite. Putting it back on can either be reaaally easy, or reeeeeally hard. There are 2 notches in the door and 2 tabs on this piece that fit into the notches, you'll see what i'm talking about when you get the thing off.

Then, get yourself a towel, otherwise you might damage your hands.

Feel under the door (between the screws on the bottom) for a couple of places where you can slide in your fingers.

Place the towel over your fingers, then both hands in the holes. Now, PRY, dont pull the door panel out. It should "pop" open. Now, just slide your fingers with the towel around the edge of the door and repeat the process.

The top just requires a little love to pull it out of the window trim. Remember to press that back in when you put the door back on, it looks a little off if you dont.

There are some connectors attached to the door for locks, mirrors, etc... unplug those.

There are also 2 wires attached to the locking mechanism, you can move the door handle land lock and rotate the wires to be able to lift them out. Do this gently, it doesnt require force.

I think by now, the thing should be on the floor and you should be ready to go.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts