1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so im pulling my hair out.

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Tread Tire

Clearly the arm is bent to hell.

The front bolt is obvious on how to remove. that's already done.

The one in the back on the (crossmember?), now THAT is an absolute nightmare.

The diagram shows that the bolt has a nut, but there isn't any access to the nut...only the head of the bolt. Which leads me to think it was a weld nut. if that's the case, FML as the bolt is a little out but easily spins in place, and can move a tiny bit forward and back.

so here goes my hail marry - does anyone know the proper procedure on how to remove that bolt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
For anyone wondering, the bolt I'm dealing with is in fact screwed into a weld nut aka captive nut.

However, it is in fact in tact.

Blue Sky Tints and shades Gas Water

I was able to use a bore scope to look in the frame. It's alive!

What is actually going on is a very common issues it seams. The bolt is fused to the metal sleeve of the bushing from rust.

I might just use a sawzaw to cut the bolt at the left and right of the bushing and replace the bolt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plan of attack is as such. Shown in this picture I will cut the bolt at the specified location.

Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment Electrical wiring

I will need a replacement bolt.

Mitsubishi part number MU000390

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, those weld nuts are weird.

It's a nut, inside a cage?

I cut the bolt, but it is still in a nut, and spins, despite the cage around the nut not spinning?

At this point, my worst case scenario is here.

The crossmember must be cut open and the nut cut off and a new nut must be welded in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts