Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2013 Peugeot 4008 2.0 Allure 4x4 CVT 120 000kms
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As per the subject, how adventurous can I get with it? Obviously, I don't ever expect it to follow in a Pajero's footsteps, but surely this AWD system can pull out a rabbit or two.

I've been watching a show where some lucky sod gets to drive all over South Africa in a Jimny and camps everywhere, and now I've got the itch 馃槄

I'm thinking slight lift, AT tires with a slightly taller side wall? I could go some places, right? 馃檲

Super Moderator
2004 TL Magna(aka Diamante) AWD, 6g75 engine, F5A51 automatic trans.
A "slight lift" is OK, but "AT tires with a slightly taller side wall" will alter your "rolling radius", compromising your speedometer reading, and other factors of vehicle performance..

Legally, there is generally a small amount of "wiggle room" allowed to compensate for things such as long term tyre tread wear, or incorrect tyre pressures, but not much overall.

Certainly not enough to allow significant changes to tyre sidewall height that will make meaningful changes to ground clearance.

Registered
2013 Peugeot 4008 2.0 Allure 4x4 CVT 120 000kms
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the previous owner already went down a size 215/55-R18 as opposed to 225/55-R18, so I'll just scale it back up to where it's supposed to be again. I most definitely would need to go down a rim size or two though as the tire sizes are limited in the 18" range, not to mention rather **** pricey (did a quick comparison today and the same size tire 17" vs 18" there was a good ZAR1000 difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts