Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I would like to replace my 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0l FWD serpentine belt. i Have searched more than 3 hours and cannot find anything on how to replace it.
anyone could give some ideas on how to replace it?
any video or photo on how to replace will help heaps.
thank you so much.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
Firstly, get pen and paper and make a diagram of belt routing around the pulleys, or look for diagram on google.

Then, Use a 16mm spanner to move the automatic tensioner back. When it is back all the way insert a 5mm drill into the hole to lock it. then remove the spanner and remove the belt. Fit new belt, then use spanner to realease tensioner and remove drill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firstly, get pen and paper and make a diagram of belt routing around the pulleys, or look for diagram on google.

Then, Use a 16mm spanner to move the automatic tensioner back. When it is back all the way insert a 5mm drill into the hole to lock it. then remove the spanner and remove the belt. Fit new belt, then use spanner to realease tensioner and remove drill
Hi mate, really appreciate your comments. Give me much better idea on how to do it.
when I move the auto tensioner, which way is easier to do? From the top of the motor or from the bottom near front right wheel.

also which direction should I move the tensioner, clockwise or Anti clockwise?

i might need a very long wrench to move it, right?
thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
I always do it from on top. No advantage to doing from underside.

A longer 16mm spanner is easier. Put spanner on tensioner nut at about 2 o'clock and lift up to around 11 o'clock.

Then if you look with a small mirror you will see some steps on the part that moves. When in correct position this will line up with a hole on the bit that doesnt move. The drill or pin goes in here to hold it untensioned. Google pics of 4b11 tensioner.

then its simple to move belt off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

A longer 16mm spanner is easier. Put spanner on tensioner nut at about 2 o'clock and lift up to around 11 o'clock.

Then if you look with a small mirror you will see some steps on the part that moves. When in correct position this will line up with a hole on the bit that doesnt move. The drill or pin goes in here to hold it untensioned. Google pics of 4b11 tensioner.

Hi Mate,

Really appreciate your detailed explanations. I would like to buy you a beer if we are in the same city. haha....
I have attached my engine diagram. I hope I am labelling them correctly. The little hole will show up when moving Tensioner up, right? Then I can use a 5mm pin to black the tensioner to remove the belt. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
You are correct on all points.

Sometimes getting the belt on can be fiddly, Start with crank and waterpump, get them on and pull belt tight, then loop around AC, them alternator then tensioner

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi everyone,
I would like to replace my 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0l FWD serpentine belt. i Have searched more than 3 hours and cannot find anything on how to replace it.
anyone could give some ideas on how to replace it?
any video or photo on how to replace will help heaps.
thank you so much.
Check this one
or

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hi Mate:

I have tried a few different 16mm spanner to hold on the nut. It is very difficult to reach the nut fully. I am not sure which type of Spanner you used?Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
One like in the second picture. A combination ring end

1 - 10 of 10 Posts