Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought my 2006 LS model, and the stereo is OK, but I definitly want more. I've searched the forums, but It takes me all over the place .

Can anyone help with these specific questions?
1. It was suggested to use the stock door speakers, and just add an amp and subwoofer. How do you connect to the amp to the head unit? I saw that there is some sort of adapter for the infiniti, does this work for the LS?

2. There is a place located on the right side for a subwoofer (factory install). Can I use this and is the wiring already there? Do I need an amp also, or just a speaker?

3. Next I started to see pictures of custom installs where peopled mounted LCD screens into the console. What happened to the AC controls?...Can you buy a new console to practice on before I mess up the one that came with the car?

These are my concerns: I know that to make it sound like I want would probably cost 3 or 4 thousands. Thats not in the budget at this time, so Im trying to find the economical "good enough" system. I figure simple adding a subwoofer and possibly an amp will do this for under $300.00.

Adding a new head unit is definitly on the wish list, but secondary. Thats why I'm asking about the console face.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could get a custom console kit. Depending on the route go, you could use the existing dash or buy a new one....check out my pic on the Double Din, I put in. It has plenty of space to accomodate any cd player. Getting it done that way is the best bet unless you are very confident in your craftmans skills. (Panasonic touch screen, few topics down). Also, go to car domain and look up Ende's, there are tons of ideas there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by Nomad76@Sep 6 2006, 03:06 PM

2. There is a place located on the right side for a subwoofer (factory install). Can I use this and is the wiring already there? Do I need an amp also, or just a speaker?

[snapback]65525[/snapback]​
Any answers to this question? Also insterested ...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There should be a wiring for the subwoofer, but you would need the sub, amp and head unit for the Infinity Sound System.

I personally did the conversion to install the Infinity Sound package (amp, sub, and head unit) in my Lancer and it was a wiring nightmare. I would suggest just getting an aftermarket head unit, sub and amp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Nomad76@Sep 6 2006, 02:06 PM
Hey, I just bought my 2006 LS model, and the stereo is OK, but I definitly want more. I've searched the forums, but It takes me all over the place .

Can anyone help with these specific questions?
1. It was suggested to use the stock door speakers, and just add an amp and subwoofer. How do you connect to the amp to the head unit? I saw that there is some sort of adapter for the infiniti, does this work for the LS?

3. Next I started to see pictures of custom installs where peopled mounted LCD screens into the console. What happened to the AC controls?...Can you buy a new console to practice on before I mess up the one that came with the car?

These are my concerns: I know that to make it sound like I want would probably cost 3 or 4 thousands. Thats not in the budget at this time, so Im trying to find the economical "good enough" system. I figure simple adding a subwoofer and possibly an amp will do this for under $300.00.

Adding a new head unit is definitly on the wish list, but secondary. Thats why I'm asking about the console face.
[snapback]65525[/snapback]​
Hello.

my english is weak sorry, but i think.... i have good solutions to have good sound in ours cars....

but i know this is not 300$, but little more..... P9 costs about 400$ (in Poland)

I had another idea to replace Infinty system, i have now Pioneer DEX-P9 inside in original box :grin:
my car is in progres car audio replacement :)) every day i putting pics on my web side

original sound system must be stay, becouse after turn out we have communication error on display

this is pioneer P9 :))

every buttom works, buttom 1-6 is to radio stations...etc.

CD works properly

another pictures no my privat web side endeavor & solara webpage

if someone have another questions please ask me....

Pioneer P9 + processor Premier P9
tweeters TEC planari
Midrange TEC planari
woofer scan speak REVELATOR 18cm
sub scan speak REVELATOR 25cm
2 amplifiers soundstream rubicon 600-4

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by mit42ls@Nov 5 2006, 02:15 AM
Any answers to this question? Also insterested ...
[snapback]75183[/snapback]​
Well, Best Buy installed a Ppunch SeriesII 8 inch sub and a nice fosgate amp and it sounded like crap! All I heard was the vehicle vibrating distorting the sub. They said I needed a open air sub, well why the F didn't they tell me that before they had my car all F'ing day. They said they did not see any wiring.
I bought a 12 in a closed air box and used that after I complained to Best Buy and they discounted the 12 and the box and installed it for free but I was still pissed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
whats up, I recently bought an 06 Endo LS. Im sattisfied w/ what i have until i payed better attention to the radio. Man, *what a nightmare*. My solution is to install a line out converter, I havent tried it yet, but i did install one in my wifes '00 pontiac Grand Am w/ no problems. I plan on doing the same to the Endo when the weather gets a little better. Let me know how it works out. By the way, is getting to the back of the factory head unit a nightmare?......share your thoughts and *diagrams*..lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by toc8g@Dec 11 2006, 12:57 AM
Well, Best Buy installed a Ppunch SeriesII 8 inch sub and a nice fosgate amp and it sounded like crap! All I heard was the vehicle vibrating distorting the sub. They said I needed a open air sub, well why the F didn't they tell me that before they had my car all F'ing day. They said they did not see any wiring.
I bought a 12 in a closed air box and used that after I complained to Best Buy and they discounted the 12 and the box and installed it for free but I was still pissed.
[snapback]78771[/snapback]​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts