Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok of course I am only running a 4 cylinder mistu galant es 97. But I have put alot of work into it as far as everything under the hood, I only have 10k miles on the engine so It should last me a while and I was interested in putting some performance parts in it. Now I am very mechanically savvy but I am new to performance enhancement on this specific vehicle. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where I should start as far as performance. At this moment everything is stock except I just put on a single 2inch flowmaster exhaust on. Any suggestions?? thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
What engine do you have in your galant? If you have the 4g64 engine it's not worth doing anything to, except maybe the cold air intake and 8-10 pounds of boost with a turbo. Be careful to NOT crack your block.

·
Registered
75 Posts
8-10psi is all you need! These cars are pretty light and with that much boost you can make some great numbers! Just to give you an idea, a friend of mine had a 13b turbo and a ****ty tune and he put 183hp to the wheels. Another guy I know had a 14b and a decent tune (I assume) and he was putting down 271 hp to the wheels. So if you had a good turbo, and a good tune, you can put 300+ to the ground no problem. Use H2O/Meth injection for more protection against detination and you also get some more hp. The 4g64 is a good engine, if you know what your doing and you are smart about what mods you are doing. Anyone says otherwise is just lazy! :bwekk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts