Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i'm supposed to be getting a 2006 lancer oz rally edition (tomorrow), and of course i wait until the last minute to post my questions. unfortunately the car is automatic but it only has 5k miles on it, so i figured it was whatever. so i have a few questions that i still cannot get a straight answer for

is there a way i can replace the transmission in the future to make it a manual transmission? is it even worth it to do that?
turbo kit on an automatic? yes/no?
intake? i can't seem to find one for a 2006 auto oz. i went to a place by my house and they told me i absolutely could not get anything for the oz unless it was custom (intake, exhaust, turbo kit, basically anything that has to deal with performance) but that really does not sound right to me...

& my last question that really has nothing to do with my other questions is,
is it worth it to get this car over a 2006 nissan sentra se-r spec v with under 20k miles or a 2006 scion tC with under 35k miles?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by jadoregia@Mar 5 2008, 02:52 PM
hey everyone, i'm supposed to be getting a 2006 lancer oz rally edition (tomorrow), and of course i wait until the last minute to post my questions. unfortunately the car is automatic but it only has 5k miles on it, so i figured it was whatever. so i have a few questions that i still cannot get a straight answer for

is there a way i can replace the transmission in the future to make it a manual transmission? is it even worth it to do that?
turbo kit on an automatic? yes/no?
intake? i can't seem to find one for a 2006 auto oz. i went to a place by my house and they told me i absolutely could not get anything for the oz unless it was custom (intake, exhaust, turbo kit, basically anything that has to deal with performance) but that really does not sound right to me...

& my last question that really has nothing to do with my other questions is,
is it worth it to get this car over a 2006 nissan sentra se-r spec v with under 20k miles or a 2006 scion tC with under 35k miles?
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[snapback]147321[/snapback]​
Next time don't use red colored font. It's hard on the eyes.

To answer your questions.

Any swap is not "easy". I wouldn't do a tranny swap.

You can turbo an auto. Turbo kits are available for auto trannies.

You can get intakes for an OZ, however, you can only install a Short Ram Intake (not Cold Air Intake).

There are plenty of parts available for this car.

If I had to choose between an Lancer OZ and Sentra Spec V, I'd choose the Sentra. It's faster than the OZ. The Sentra Spec V is comparable to a Lancer Ralliart (the Ralliart is faster than the OZ).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad with the colors.
i'm just trying to figure out with would up the HP a little..a turbo kit might not be necessary, i don't plan on racing or anything, but since i'm going from a vr6 jetta to a 4cyl 120HP rally i feel like i'm gonna have a hard time adjusting to it.

thanks for the help =]=]=]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The Lancer OZ (same as ES/LS) is slow and will feel much slower and sluggish, when compared to the VR6.

I would go with the Sentra Spec V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts