Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outlander series 2
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking for conformation before starting a brake line repair. My car is series 2, seven seat, Outlander 4n14 engine. for year 2012. The Steel Brake Lines at rear are starting to corrode and I need to cut and fit in a new section before the flexible onto the rear axle beam and also the short section between this flexible and the brake caliper flexible. I suspect this is a common area that the brake lines to corrode. Tube nuts are rusted solid so I suspect I may damage steel line during removal so I can not unscrew to check flare type before starting the job and need to buy the correct flare tool. I can borrow a Lazer tool which produces SAE double flares so I could add a new section of 4.75mm diameter steel tube but I need to know the flare type used to join with the flexible hosefitting at the end of the brake line run. I suspect that the flare type used with the flexible hose union is a DIN or ISO Bubble flare and NOT SAE double flare. PLEASE WILL SOMONE CONFIRM THE FLARE TYPE USED IS EITHER DIN (ISO) BUBBLE OR SAE DOUBLE FLARE. Thanks in advance for any assitance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts