Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need help on my RVR-X 93 4G63 16V engine. After I send it to a shop to repair the squeking noise in the engine, I observed that whenever I set the transmission to N or P, the RPM increases from 800 - 1500 up to 2000. However, if I change it to D (while stepping on the brakes), it goes back to 800. I notice this especially when the engine is hot. The shop told me that they just adjusted the timing belts and replaced the tensioner.

Please advise if the symptoms I have is due to the poor quality of the timing or not.

Thanks.

Harry

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
sounds like your throttle cable is too tight. see if you can back it off a bit, its best to do this when the car is running but don't hurt your self on something dumb. (most throttle cables are at the back of the engine, but i'm not too familular with yours, but thats were i'd check. and if thats whats wrong, make sure nothing is pulling the cable tighter than it should be and if there's nothing doing that, just try to loosen it by the screw on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are correct. I tried adjusting the cable and it seems fine now. But I guess I need to adjust it more tomorrow coz the idle speed I guess turns very low now and It feels like the engine is choking.

Can you help me understand why this only happens in Neutral and Park mode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts