Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 04' Ralliart and have an aftermarket pioneer deck out of my old car. It has the infinity sound package with the factory sub and amp. Has anyone tried to leave all the speakers the same and just change the head unit? If so how did it go, And are there any problums I should expect or should the new head unit just plug in and play?
Thanks.

7 speaker system
2 seperate tweeters
4 door speakers, 2 front and 2 back
1 10" infinity sub

·
Registered
2 Posts
before i found out about the cable that you can get to connect the stock systems to the after market system, i went down to the amp, and i found each speaker wire and then spliced in that and then connected it to my kenwood deck wiring, and it sounds bad **** now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by gmugge@May 27 2006, 04:05 PM
I just got a 04' Ralliart and have an aftermarket pioneer deck out of my old car. It has the infinity sound package with the factory sub and amp.  Has anyone tried to leave all the speakers the same and just change the head unit?  If so how did it go, And are there any problums I should expect or should the new head unit just plug in and play?
Thanks.

7 speaker system
    2  seperate tweeters
    4  door speakers, 2 front and 2 back
    1  10" infinity sub
[snapback]55180[/snapback]​

Actually you can go to best buy, RC Willey, or any stereo store and they have a RCA to DIN plug conversion for this, as we have just replaced the stock deck with a Sony, and no problems, but you do lose subwoofer control, but it still sounds a lot better than the stock deck, and now it plays mp3's (if your model supports that, that is...)

Loki

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by Lokinar@Apr 19 2007, 03:24 PM
Actually you can go to best buy, RC Willey, or any stereo store and they have a RCA to DIN plug conversion for this, as we have just replaced the stock deck with a Sony, and no problems, but you do lose subwoofer control, but it still sounds  a lot better than the stock deck, and now it plays mp3's (if your model supports that, that is...)

Loki
[snapback]93805[/snapback]​
Make sure you get a head unit with at least 2 sets of preouts unless you get Y adapters...it makes things more simple.

On a side note:

Tear out the Infinity subwoofer and wire a new one. They sound like crap anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey
take advice from me. i actually work at circuit city installing car stereos. that stock system is nice for stock but nothing compared to aftermarket.
to put a new deck in isnt as simple as it seems.
in order to do it right you should rewire the entire system. sounds like a pain but its worth. you'll need new speakers. i suggest using polks in the rear and get the components in the front. sub/amp wise. in mine i have a single solobaric kicker 12" L5 with a 1000 watt mono kicker amp. it gets more than the job done. but to do it right you're gonna have to rewire the system and replace all the speakers, remove the old amp and sub. the stock unit uses more power than after market. eventually what would happen is you would burn up each speak individually one by one if you didnt replace them and then even your deck could fry up which isnt cool. if do do it, you'll get an unreal difference in sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by eplank@Aug 4 2007, 10:04 PM
hey
take advice from me. i actually work at circuit city installing car stereos. that stock system is nice for stock but nothing compared to aftermarket.
to put a new deck in isnt as simple as it seems.
in order to do it right you should rewire the entire system. sounds like a pain but its worth.  you'll need new speakers. i suggest using polks in the rear and get the components in the front.  sub/amp wise. in mine i have a single solobaric kicker 12" L5 with a 1000 watt mono kicker amp. it gets more than the job done. but to do it right you're gonna have to rewire the system and replace all the speakers, remove the old amp and sub.  the stock unit uses more power than after market. eventually what would happen is you would burn up each speak individually one by one if you didnt replace them and then even your deck could fry up which isnt cool.  if do do it, you'll get an unreal difference in sound.
[snapback]107048[/snapback]​
ok i know this post is 9 months old but i thought it was worth asking something here since it is related to what i'm about to ask. hope i get an answer... :grin:
i just got an '04 ralliart with the stock infinity sound system and i got a Pioneer premier DEH-P860MP deck, a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component speakers, a Rockford Fosgate amp and 10" sub. i'm planning to install all of this on my car soon but wanted to get some info first.
First things first, i'm not planning to use the stock amp and i'm thinking of taking it out of the car, and do all the wiring separately for the speakers. i would like to know how to take the stock sub out of the trunk and the stock amp under the driver seat. i'm going to leave the stock wires lying around just in case i would like to put the stock stuff back on. and also, would one of those wiring harnesses work if i'm just planning to use it to power my pioneer deck? (so that i don't have to cut any wires)
i'm thinking i should buy an amp for the components (which i'm going to put in the front obviously) and for the rear speakers. I don't think i have the 7-speaker system, there are no speakers in the rear doors, only behind the back seats.
Thanks guys. :liebe011:
hope i didn't ask something that has been discussed before (i searched a lot before posting this)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts