Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My inner CV boot on my passenger's side (car's right side) is cracked, and in order to pass inspection i need to replace it. one problem: my car was never destined for stateside america and i don't know how it got here but mitsu america has no information on it, and it has somewhat different parts than it's american-bound bretheren. one thing i noticed in particular: my transmission is an F4A41 automatic, and the american lancers have an F4A42 automatic. what gives? beats me. after many attempts to find the correct part number, all efforts have come to crap and i'm totally fed up because there is nothing else wrong with this car and i quite like it! also, for the future, i'm terrified of this same problem happening again! p-p-p-please help! oh, forgot to mention that the engine is a 1.6L type, i'll have to look at the engine type tomorrow.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i've seen cv boot repair kits which is basically a tube of silicon you can use to seal the boot up. i know this doesn't solve your problem but if u drive with a torn boot for too long you'll eventually need a new cv axle. hell, it might pass inspection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts